What you’ll learn
In this insightful session, we delved into the intricacies of Windows 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop, especially focusing on their applications in government settings. The discussion opened with an exploration of the decision-making process behind adopting these technologies, emphasizing the importance of understanding one's architecture and the unique scenarios presented by government-related projects.
Key highlights included:
- Decision Influencers: Analysis of architecture types, cost implications, and the impact on IT staff and overall organization operations.
- Government-Focused Scenarios: Insights into how government scenarios differ in terms of compliance, architecture, and tenant management.
- Cost Considerations: A comprehensive view of cost that goes beyond licensing and infrastructure, addressing hidden costs like user experience and IT burden.
- Platform Evolution: A look at how Microsoft Cloud services, particularly in the realm of desktop as a service, have evolved and continue to shape user and IT experiences.
- Integration and Management: Discussion on the integration of Windows 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop with existing systems, highlighting their compatibility with Azure Active Directory and Endpoint Manager.
- Flexibility and User Experience: Analysis of how these platforms offer different levels of control and flexibility, catering to diverse needs, from dedicated VMs for specific users to shared VMs for broader applications.