If you have signed up for Office 365 and provisioned user accounts for the users in your organization, you can enable users to install Office 365 ProPlus (and Project Pro, Visio Pro, SharePoint Designer, or Lync products) directly from the Office 365 portal. This is the default option. In managed enterprise environments, end-users may not have permission to install software from the Office 365 portal. Administrators can use the Office Deployment Tool to manage Click-to-Run installations.
To customize a Click-to-Run for Office 365 installation, administrators run the Office Deployment Tool and provide a custom Configuration.xml configuration file. The Office Deployment Tool performs the tasks that are specified by using the optional properties in the configuration file.
For the Office 2013 release, administrators can run the Office Deployment Tool to perform the following tasks:
- Generating a Click-to-Run for Office 365 installation source To do this, administrators prepare a configuration file and run the tool in download mode.
- Configuring Click-to-Run for Office 365 clients To do this, administrators prepare a configuration file and run the tool in configure mode.
- Creating an App-V package To do this, administrators prepare a configuration file and run the tool in packager mode.
This article is part of the Content roadmap for Office 365 ProPlus for IT Professionals. Use the roadmap as a starting point for articles that help you deploy Office 365 ProPlus in your organization.
Are you looking for help with installing Office with Office 365? You may be looking for Get started with Office 365 and Install Office with Office 365, which will help you learn how to set up and use Office 365 on your computer, phone, and tablet.
In this article:
- Office Deployment Tool command-line properties
- /download mode
- Configuration.xml file for use with /download command
- /configure mode
- Configuration.xml file for use with /configure command
- /packager mode
- Configuration.xml file for packager mode